Please join us on Thursday, December 11, 2014, for a book fair at Barnes & Noble, HarMar Mall, 2100 N. Snelling Ave. in St. Paul. 15% of your purchases will benefit GRS at no cost to you! The bookfair will run all day, 9 am to 10 pm as well as online for 5 consecutive days, December 11 – 16, 2014. Those who live far away can use their shopping to benefit GRS.
- In the store on December 11 – Book Fair ID #: 11497401. You will need this id at the store check out. Click here to download and print a voucher you can use at the bookstore on the 11th.
- On line – December 11 – 16 with or with an existing account
- If you are not signed into an existing account, complete your shopping online and at the bottom of the payment page during check out, enter our BookFair Id 11497401.
- If you are signed into an existing account, complete your shopping and click the change button in the payment section of the check out screen. Enter our our BookFair Id 11497401 in the BookFair ID Field.
Support Great River School and public Montessori education with your donation!
We are rolling out a new website at GRS in the next few weeks. The website’s goal is to communicate why our school is unique in order to reach families looking for a school. There will be a section of the site devoted to current families and will link to what parents need to use regularly. There will be new photos and an easy to navigate site. We are excited to share it with you!
Language Sprout Spanish classes for elementary students began towards the end of November. Using the Montessori approach, Language Sprout envisions a Minnesota in which every child is equipped with multilingualism. All ages of elementary students are welcome with or without previous language experience. Classes are $10 per student per class and in session each Monday 3:15 to 4:15 when there is school. 2015 classes will resume after winter break. Students who wish to join after winter break should contact Rebecca Hernandez at Language Sprout – please visit the Language Sprout website.
Please join us on Thursday, November 20, 2014 from 6 to 7:30 pm.
- What does my kid do all day at school?
- How are classes at Great River different from a ‘traditional’ school?
- Why my kid doesn’t have a desk?
Attend Parent Education Night, November 20th, 6:00 to 7:30 PM to learn the answers!
Experience the differences between a Montessori classroom and a traditional school.
Participate in real classroom activities; these will model how our philosophy guides freedom and responsibility for students.
Hear practical ideas that encourage and allow young children to participate in freedom and responsibility at home.
Mentor others! If you are an experienced Montessori parent, connect and mentor parents who are newer to the experience.
- Share tea, coffee, treats with Great River faculty and other families to end the evening.
A reservation is required to have childcare, click this link to make a reservation.
Want to learn more about GRS for future enrollment? You are most welcome to join us! Come at 5:30 pm for a short tour with a student Ambassador, then join in the program to learn more about GRS. Please let us know if you are coming by clicking here.