Founded on leadership, service, and peace formation, Great River fosters independence, critical thinking, respect, responsibility to self, to others, and to the earth.
Join us for the August Potluck
Please join us this coming Thursday, August 14th! 5:30-7:15pm in the south garden for a potluck. Sam O’Brien will offer updates on the building remodel, grounds, and strategic school projects that will be progressing over the next few weeks and months. The best way to bring our community together will be accomplishing real work together this summer!
Family Teamwork Events
- Saturday August 16th and 23rd, we will gather and complete projects (painting, installing, landscaping, furniture moving) in anticipation of the upcoming school year - Form for Saturday (August 16th and 23rd) sign up at this link.
- Week of August 18th-22nd, from 9 am until noon each day, we will complete ongoing projects - Form for weekday (August 18th- 22nd) sign up at this link.
Real Time Updates for summer projects
To make sure you get real-time updates on our projects and opportunities to contribute to improving our school – join our text network. You’ll only receive essential info and updates! text: @GRSTeamwork to the number: 235-59
There is lots of summer left, but fall planning is happening at school all summer. We look forward to welcoming new and returning students and families.
Fall Orientation will take place at 6:30 pm as follows at GRS during the last week of August:
- Elementary – Monday, August 25
- High School (Adolescent 2 & 3) – Tuesday, August 26
- Adolescent 1 (grades 7 & 8) – Thursday, August 28
Academic material lists for 2014-2015 for each level are listed below:
- Lower Elementary Materials
- Upper Elementary Materials
- Adolescent 1 Materials List
- Adolescent 2 Materials List
(note: 9th graders also need a standard composition book for biology)
- Adolescent 3 Materials List
Fall Key Experiences Packing Lists
All new for 2014-2015 - Big Canoe Kids Club
Great River School is excited to offer a fun, safe place to enjoy before and after school Monday through Friday. The new Big Canoe Kids’ Club Program is taking applications for students ages 6 – 12. Registration is available during the registration process coming in early August. Students can enroll for the morning or afternoon or both. All elementary students are welcome to participate.
For more information, please contact Karen Rajcic – Program Director