Great River Charter School, St. Paul, Minnesota, is a 1-12 Montessori charter school culminating in the IB diploma program. We serve over 340 students and maintain a healthy waiting list for students. In the last 5 years, we have had excellent student and faculty retention. A strong sense of community pervades the school environment.
Title: Adolescent level Mathematics Teacher/Guide
Status: 1.0 full time, regular, salaried exempt, 10-month employee
Reports to: Head of School
General Description: This position is for a full-time math teacher in the A1-A3 adolescent levels. Specific units taught will be decided between the successful candidate, math department faculty members and the head of school.
Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for developing the course goals and objectives and the requirements for math classes students in grades 7-12.
- Work collaboratively in a team toward curriculum and practical work integration and specifically with math teacher to implement a field studies model
- Model professional integrity
- Ensure effective Montessori learning environment and pedagogy
- Maintain appropriate professional rapport with students
- Contribute to the operational needs of the school
- Actively plan and participate in the major student trips and other key experiences
2. Student Contact & Communication:
- Responsible for clearly explaining to the students the requirements for classroom safety, classroom rules of conduct, classroom participation, course homework, course projects, course lab work, extra credit, missing and/or late work, daily grades, and online grade book.
- Teachers will communicate serious academic concerns with each student’s parents/guardians and the student’s advisor.
- Advisors will assist students in developing an action plan for success in all classes.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School
- Complete AMI Montessori Orientation to Adolescent Studies Program (June 23-July 27, 2013)
- Demonstrates Civility, Honesty, and Integrity; as reflected in daily interaction with faculty, students and parents
- Serves community; as reflected in student/parent/community relationships
- Exhibits good judgment: as reflected in decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to draw from a broad base of knowledge or experiences
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to design course lessons to help students reach mastery.
- Possesses positive and high expectations for themselves and for student success.
- Demonstrates excellent Montessori classroom management skills.
- Works hard and is a positive role model.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- Excellent word processing skills and good computer knowledge (or ability to learn computer skills to function effectively in the GRS setting).
- Current and appropriate MN licensure
To apply, please send a letter of interest, resume and three professional references by April 20, 2103 to:
Christina Beck, Head of School
Great River School
1326 Energy Park Drive
St. Paul, MN 55108
Title: Athletic Director
Status: .5 half time employee
Reports to: Christina Beck, Head of School (GRS) and Betsy Lueth (Twin Cities Academy)
Great River School and Twin Cities Academy High School has an opening for a half-time Athletic Director position starting June 2013. The position oversees the high school sports cooperative between the two schools, called the Charter Stars. The sports for the cooperative include: Girls Volleyball, Co-ed Soccer, Co-ed Cross Country, Football, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Cheer-leading Co-ed Ultimate Frisbee, and potentially Baseball next season. The Athletic Director reports to the Directors for both schools. For more information please see Athletic Director Job Discription.