Great River School recognizes the importance of student’s learning abilities and the differences according to age. Therefore, students are assigned to a “level” depending on their grade. Students build that community beginning with the fall trip and followed by activities, community meetings and a student council that helps guide the level. All core classes, math, science, history and English, are offered by level and taught by four teachers in small groups.
The levels are:
- Lower Elementary – grades 1, 2 and 3
- Upper Elementary – grades 4, 5 and 6
- Adolescent 1 – grades 7 and 8
- Adolescent 2 – grades 9 and 10
- Adolescent 3 – grades 11 and 12
For more specific information about the program for each level, please click on the specific level.