All GRS students may participate in the NEW lunch program offered by Caravan Kids Catering (CKC). CKC is a local, family-owned and operated food service company staffed by loyal, well trained employees. While CKC created a leadership role for itself within the Charter School market beginning in 1990, the company is now growing rapidly as they begin to service more private and parochial schools in the Twin Cities area.
How does it work?
The following is the process we will use beginning in November.
- We will e-mail you the monthly menus before the first of the preceding month. We will send you the November menu around the 1st of October. The menus will also be posted on the website.
- Take a look at the menu with your child and make decisions about what lunches you would like to order. Please note that there are options every day. If you do not care for the main option you can select a sandwich lunch, a salad lunch or the vegetarian option. All of these meet the NSLP requirements.
- You can select one day or every day it is totally up to you and there are no minimum days that your child has to participate.
- The easiest way to make your selections is to print the menu and mark each day you child is eating with the following: S for salad, SA for sandwich, H for hot, V for vegetarian. Please put a LARGE letter on the date so that there is no confusion as to what your child will have for lunch. Also, please put your child’s name on the menu.
- You need to complete your selections by the 20th of the month. Send in our dates, selections and payment and we will make sure your child receives his or her lunch.
- If you applied for free or reduced lunch and have been notified of your eligibility, we still need you to complete an order each month.
Helpful Forms and Information: