Charter Star Athletics Offerings at Great River School:
- Coed Cross Country (grades 7-12)
- Girls' Volleyball (grades 7-12)
- Boys Soccer (grades 7-12)
- Girls' Soccer (grades 7-12)
- Boys' Basketball (grades 7-12)
- Girls' Basketball (grades 7-12)
- Cheerleading (grades 9-12)
- Boys' Hockey (grade 9-12) Hosted by St. Paul Academy
- Girls' Ultimate Frisbee (grades 7-12)
- Open Ultimate Frisbee (grades 7-12)
- Baseball (grades 9-12) Hosted by Nova Classical Academy
- Softball (grades 7-12)
- Track (grades 7-12) Hosted by Twin Cities Academy
Charter Stars: Registration, Eligibility, & Fees
All student athletes must be fully registered to participate in our Athletics offerings.
Charter Stars Registration Form here (School Forms Page).
Great River School values both academics and athletics. We expect our student athletes to put scholarship first. Student athletes that are placed on the Dean's academic concern list will lose their athletic eligibility until their academics improve. Athletes deemed ineligible due to academics may participate in practices at the discretion of the Dean, the Athletic Director, and their coaches; they will remain ineligible to play in games until their academics improve and are approved for full participation by the Dean and the Athletic Director.
2017/18 Activity Fee Schedule:
- First Sport: $185
- Second Sport/Multiple Siblings: $165
- Free/Reduced Lunch Scholarship: Activity Fee reduced by 50% – Must have completed the 2017/18 Educational Benefits Application and received Free/Reduced Lunch status to qualify. Activity fees for programs hosted by other schools cannot be reduced.
- Boys' Hockey: the Activity Fee is projected to be $500, payable to St. Paul Academy.
- Ultimate Frisbee also requires an annual USA Ultimate youth membership.
- Baseball: the Activity Fee is $250, payable to Nova Classical Academy.
- Uniform Deposit: For athletic offerings hosted by the Charter Stars, athletes must pay a Uniform Deposit fee payable to Great River School. This fee is held for the entire season and will be returned to the athlete once the uniform is returned clean and in good condition. For Ultimate Frisbee only, athletes must purchase their own jersey for $45, payable to Great River School.
* Please be aware that refunds requested after an athlete is placed on one of our rosters will be subject to a registration charge of $50 ($25 if qualified for Free/Reduced Lunch Scholarship) in addition to any season costs that may already have been incurred.