Deferred Enrollment and Gap Year

Most colleges are very supportive of students who take a year-off from formal studies before enrolling in college. The primary expectation is that a student develop and pursue a plan of activity that may include service, work, travel, part-time academic study or a formal “gap year” program. Interested students should apply to college as usual during senior year, and once admitted, request to defer enrollment. College Counselors can advise in this process.