Welcome! Montessori education offered for students from grades one through twelve is very rare; Great River School is a truly unique learning community. Great River Students graduate with a sense of community and the skills to be in charge of their learning and be responsible, engaged world citizens. One student said, “GRS has been good for me because it is a community. At my old school, I didn’t feel like a real part of something, but here I feel important and part of something.” Want to be added to waiting list for this school year (2014-15)?
Applications received after 2/26/14 will be added to the waiting list in the order received for the appropriate grade. There are three ways to apply:
- Complete an online application (for 2014-2015 only)
- Print and return the paper application for 2014-2015 (send to GRS, 1326 Energy Park Dr., St. Paul, MN 55108)
- Pick up a paper application in the GRS lobby
Enrollment for 2015 – 2016 The enrollment lottery will be held on March 5, 2015. The on-line application for year 2015-2016 will be available on this page soon; please check back. We look forward to your family’s application. Tours dates will also be posted here very soon; we look forward to showing your family the Great River School community. For more information, please contact Julia Nelson at 651-305-2780, ext 100.
Visit Great River School – two options
Please let us know if you are coming by leaving us your information here.
- Student led tours during the school day – 9 – 10 am: have a tour with a GRS student and meet with Sam O’Brien, Head of School, to get your questions answered. Thursday dates: 11/6, 11/20, 12/4, 1/22, 2/5, 2/19, 3/12, 3/26.
- Attend a Parent Education Evening – 5:30 – 7:30 pm: have a tour with a GRS student (5:30-6), attend a brief overview of the topic, visit activities in classrooms, and at the end of the evening, get your questions answered during the social time. Evenings are open to current and prospective GRS families. The Parent Education evening begins at 6 pm, so be sure to come before that to get a tour with a student Ambassador.
- Parent Education dates & topics:
- November 20, 2014 – Great Lessons
- January 15, 2015 – Freedom and Responsibility
- February 19, 2015 – Math at GRS
- March 12, 2015 – Montessori Education