Students and families looking for a small school where the student is at the center of his or her own education will find Great River School to be a good place to spend six (or fewer) years.
Do come take a look at an Open House or on a tour if you want to experience a school where:
- you learn, not just from teachers, but from your friends.
- the study of peace and formation of a code of honor and civic competence is an integral part of life.
- teachers and students respect you as an individual.
- independence and inner-discipline are key elements of your education.
- you have the opportunity to learn outside the classroom whether it is in the local library, in downtown St. Paul or in a field where field studies come alive.
- you leave the campus to explore and experience the world around you while camping and cooking with friends.
- you are encouraged to make a difference in the world.
Students at Great River School are expected to:
- act with commitment towards all their classes and activities in which they have chosen to participate.
- commit an average of 2 hours on school nights to homework.
- work with faculty to build the school community.
- interact with others guided by the principle of human-heartedness.
If these resonate with you, come Experience Great River School!