Easy Ways to (financially) support GREAT RIVER SCHOOL
All Year Long
1. Give – GRS Annual Fund
- One time donation – Supporter
Give a one-time gift to support the work of Great River School online or by using the Annual Fund form.
- Stock donation
Donations of stock can potentially benefit both you and GRS. It is easy and can yield tax benefits for you. Check with your broker before making a gift. Contact Lydia McAnerney to make this donation.
- Support the mission of Great River School by spreading your donation throughout the year. Sign up at the GRS website or using the Annual Fund form. It is easy, effective and efficient.
2. Support Events
- GRS Soiree – Saturday, February 21, 2015 - An adult only event on Saturday, February 21, 2015 at Hamline University. Spend the evening with GRS friends with great food, festivities, live and silent auctions to benefit GRS. Your donation of silent auction items makes the auction extra special.
- Barnes & Noble Book Fair (Har Mar Mall) – December 11, 2014
GRS students and friends will host and provide entertainment on the 11th at the bookstore 6:30 to 8:30. Purchase books and other items all week long for family, friends and staff with a 15% going to GRS. MUST USE A COUPON found in the newsletter in late November.
- School events throughout the year - Each time you attend a GRS event such as Mayfest, a coffee house, music concert or play, you support the school with your presence and ticket purchase or donation.
3. Shop with a purpose
- Clip Box Tops for Education - Clip box tops from products made by General Mills, Betty Crocker©, Pillsbury©, Ziploc©, Kleenex© and more. You can also shop using the Box Tops for Education Visa® card to make purchases (1% of every purchase goes to our school) or visit the Box Tops Marketplace, where you can shop at over 60 online stores, including JC Penney and Lands’ End. Sign up at http://www.boxtops4education.com/marketplace.
- Use a Target Visa Credit Card - Through the Take Charge of Education program, Target will donate an amount equal to 1% of Target Visa and Target Guest Card in-store or website purchases, and 1/2% of Target Visa purchases made elsewhere, to Great River School. Great River School makes over $1200 each year with a potential for more if you sign up or get more information at http://www.target.com/tcoe or while shopping at your favorite Target store.
- Sign up for Amazon Smile – smile.amazon.com - If you shop online at Amazon, entering through this portal means Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. Start your shopping at smile.amazon.com. It is simple and fast.
- Register for Tix4Cause – tix4cause.com - Use Tix4Cause as your ticket source for concerts, sporting events and more to benefit GRS at no cost to you. You can purchase and donate unused tickets to benefit GRS. Sign up to receive notices of available tickets as well.
- Purchase a Chinook Book from GRS - Filled with information and over 350 coupons and now with a mobile app, the Chinook Book has grown into an indispensable community resource and a tool for positive change in the Twin Cities. Purchase one from GRS and save when you shop. On sale at GRS.