How to Donate to a Great Gathering
Great Gatherings are an excellent way to raise money for Great River School during the Great Extravaganza and to connect with other Great River families. A Great Gathering is social gathering, such as a dinner, craft gathering, game night, or ice cream social hosted by individuals, groups, or families. Past Great Gatherings, have includeda movie gathering in the GRS dining hall, a crepe making party after school for students, and a Spanish tapas dinner party.
A great way to meet new people, the Great Gathering you provide makes 100% profit for GRS. You can invent an inexpensive way to gather folks together, provide some entertainment and help raise money for GRS.
Process for donating a Great Gathering to the auction
- Consider your skills, interests and those of your family OR ask a friend or group of friends to consider this together
- Develop an idea about how you can provide an entertaining or educational experience for a group of people (4 or more).
- Consider the age of participants: children, adolescents, adults, or families.
- Decide how much you want to spend on the event and how much it would be worth to participants.
- Decide when and where to hold the event; consider several events throughout the year
- If you want to host it at school, talk to Lydia McAnerney
- Check out these Donation ideas for 2013 (items and Great Gatherings)
- Complete the online donation form or print, complete and send the donation form to GRS
Here are some ideas:
- Themed dinner for 4,6, 8 or more
- Themed party organized by several families for a larger number of people
- Popcorn and movies at your house (documentaries work well for this)
- Outdoor activity at a local park – hiking or nature walk with simple refreshments
- Ice cream social with home made ice cream or sauces along with croquet or other outdoor game
- Sledding party with hot-chocolate tail-gating afterward
- Card party
- Wine or beer tasting event
- Trip to the zoo or other free site in the Twin Cities along with simple refreshments
- August “school is starting” reconnection party in your backyard or local park
- Bike tour of your favorite locations ending at a local pub for refreshments or with those you provide
Remember, Great Gatherings are a great way to connect with other families at our school
and strengthen our community!