Great River School is committed to Montessori pedagogy for all levels of the school and has an excellent reputation as a Montessori Public Charter School. The school began in 2004 with the vision to serve adolescents from grades 7-12. Great River School has grown as a Montessori presence in the Twin Cities area, now encompassing a 120 student 1st-6th year elementary population. The role of the guide is to further our mission to provide a quality Montessori education through inspiring learning environments and strong relationships based on respect for the gifts of each student.
Priority Application Deadline: July 13th, 2016
Title: Pedagogy & Curriculum Design Director
Classification: 1.0 full-time, exempt regular salaried employee - (salary DOE)
Qualifications: 3+ years experience in a leadership role, Credential in Montessori (AMI or AMS), MA or other advanced degree in Education. Preferred qualifications: Experience training Montessori Guides, credential and experience in Montessori pedagogy implementation, experience with Montessori curriculum and pedagogy for ages 6-18. Experience and training in both elementary and adolescent Montessori implementation, and experience networking and building collaborative relationships with Montessori practitioners nationally and locally. Understanding of the unique opportunities and challenges of a Montessori program serving ages 6-18.
Reports to: Head of School
Pedagogy & Curriculum Design Director to document curriculum and program definition in coordination with current and future school strategic plans and needs. Director will work with Head of School, Dean of Students and Program Coordinators at respective levels to document and codify school practices for clarity, consistency, and replicability. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Documentation of program specifics and design of implementation guidelines for:
- Curriculum practice
- Teacher practice
- The role of key experiences
- The role of conferences
- Feedback loops between families, students, guides, and the school as a whole
- Strategic planning and understanding of current Great River School needs for the 3-5 year implementation of the school strategic plan
- Understanding of the need to build clear systems for training in new Great River Faculty, and setting clear expectations for the role of the adult in each respective environment.
- Ability to manage competing tasks and deadlines
- Ability to work independently
Please send a letter of interest, resume and three professional letters of reference (e-mail of application materials is preferred) to:
Sam O'Brien ~ Head of School
Great River School
1326 Energy Park Drive
St. Paul, MN 55108