To Lower and Upper Adolescents (7-12) – You are invited!
WHAT: Great River School Math Club – Kick-Off Meeting
WHERE: Great River School Upper Adolescent Commons
DATE: Tuesday February 5th, 2019
TIME: 3:30PM to 5:30PM
Sign up by emailing: email@example.com
Agenda for February 5th, 2019 Kick-Off Meeting
Sign-up to join the GRS Math Club
Talk about Rules and Expectations for the rest of the year
Election of officers (Secretary, Treasurer, School and Public Relations)
SAT/ACT Guest Speaker and Tutor, Emilio Alvarez
“Tips and Tricks on how to take and the SAT/ACT”
(This will be an actual study session/practice)
Refreshments and snacks will be available
GRS Math Club Purpose
•To encourage and support “hard work, great work, and the willingness to meet difficult
•To make Math a normal and fun activity for everyone, and to provide a safe and accessible
resource to those who need math support with homework or projects or network connection.
•To “foster and nurture the relationships that build community”
•To Participate in Math Competitions
GRS Math Club Activities
• Practice Math portions of the ACT/SAT (February to June 2019)
• Invite guest speakers to talk/show some cool math concepts
• Discuss how math can be applied to different career paths
• Practice some math concepts through problems
• Play problem solving games and puzzles
• Help each other with homework and projects
• Eventually compete in AMC / Math competitions locally.
• Gather for dinner/treats/trips/fun as a club and invite others from the school community to
get to know the club.
I look forward to seeing many of you there!
GRS Math Club Founder and Club Leader