All GRS students may participate in the lunch program offered by Done Right Food Services, a ”Healthy Food, Healthy Message” catering company whose goal is to provide wholesome, delicious, real food that helps teach the right message to students.
Their menus offer fresh, scratch-cooked, nutritious foods that are aligned with the intent of local school wellness policies and the Dietary Guidelines. Their Healthy Menu Guidelines state specific types of healthy, wholesome foods that are popular with children and are served every day. In addition, the guidelines state specific types of less “healthy” foods that are typically considered convenience, highly processed, fast foods that will NOT be served at all. For sample menus, newsletters, their customers, testimonials, and more — check out their website at http://www.donerightfood.com
Their executive chefs have many years of impressive experience in four and five star restaurants. Their owners have over 25 years of experience in quality and quantity food production operations, nutrition and health education, government child nutrition programs, and small business ownership.
Each day, we will offer cold lunch options including meat, a vegetarian menu and gluten-free menu. You will make a decision with your child about the meals you would like to order, mark them appropriate menu(s) and send them in with payment by the 20th of the month. You can select every day or just a few. It is totally up to you. If you applied for free or reduced lunch and have been notified of your eligibility, we still need you to complete an order each month.
How does it work?
The following is the process:
- The menus are available in the newsletter and are posted on the website.
- Look at the menu with your child and make decisions about what lunches you would like to order. All of the lunches meet the NSLP requirements.
- You can select one day or every day it is totally up to you and there are no minimum days that your child has to participate.
- The easiest way to make your selections is to print the menu and mark each day you child is eating with the following: Please circle the date so that there is no confusion as to what your child will have for lunch. Please put your child’s name on the menu.
- Complete your selections by the 20th of the month. Send in the calendar with your dates, selections and payment ($4 per lunch/$5 per gluten free lunch) includes milk or $.40 for milk separately) and we will make sure your child receives his or her lunch.
- If you applied for free or reduced lunch and have been notified of your eligibility, we still need you to complete an order each month.