Congratulations to GRS senior Noah Hanson!
Our Boys' Basketball player Noah Hanson has just been awarded an incredible honor. He has been named the Section 4A Triple A Winner of the MSHSL AAA award. This means that Noah has excelled in Academics, Athletics, and the Arts during his high school career. He will be honored at the Triple “A” Award On-Court Recognition Ceremony held in conjunction with the Boys' State Basketball Tournament in March.
As a top award recipient from Region 4A , he is invited to the MSHSL AAA awards banquet. League officials will announce the four Triple “A” Award recipients at the banquet. Award recipients—a girl and a boy from both a Class A and a Class AA school—will receive a four-year $1,000 scholarship.
Charter Stars athletics is getting ready for Basketball conference tournament play!
- Girls' Basketball has a 9-4 record overall, with a conference record of 4-2. The team is currently in 3rd place in Division 1.
- Boys' Basketball has a 12-4 record overall, with a conference record of 5-1.
- The Charter Stars cheerleaders are performing their half-time dance in February. Come get your groove on at a home game!
Come see our teams play at one of these upcoming games:
- Friday, Feb. 9 - Girls' JV & Varsity Basketball - Senior Night - games at 5 and 6:30pm at Twin Cities Academy
- Monday, Feb. 12 - 1st game of Girls' Varsity conference tournament - game time and location TBD
- Thursday, Feb. 15 - Boys' JV & Varsity Basketball - Senior Night - games at 4:30 and 6pm at Twin Cities Academy
- Friday, Feb. 16 - Girls' Varsity final conference tournament game at Cristo Rey Jesuit (2924 S 4th Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55408)
- Thursday, Feb. 22 - Boys' JV & Varsity Basketball - games at 5:30 and 7pm at Twin Cities Academy
- Monday, Feb. 26 - 1st game of Boys' Varsity conference tournament - game time and location TBD
Final call for these Charter Stars spring sports - Baseball, Softball, Track!
- 2018 Charter Stars Spring Registration Packet (if you haven't done a Charter Stars sport yet this school year, complete the entire packet):
- 2018 Charter Stars Spring Registration Form (complete this 1 page if you've already played a Charter Stars sport this school year):
All athletes need a valid Sports Physical on file, it should be dated more recently than May 31, 2015. Sports Physical form:
- Softball - tryouts open to grades 7 thru 12
- First day of tryouts is Tuesday, March 13
- Practice and home games will be at TCA's Softball field!
- Practices may be indoors at the beginning of the season, depending on weather
- When outside, practice will be from 4 to 6pm
- When inside, practice times will vary due to different events in the gym
- Coach Berg email@example.com and Coach Gustafson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link to the 2018 Softball practice and game schedule:
- Baseball - tryouts open to grades 7 thru 12
- Since Baseball is hosted by Nova, transportation to and from practices and games is managed by the athlete/family
- Link to the 2018 Baseball game schedule:
- For more information on the Baseball schedule, please see the Nova online Athletics Calendar:
- Head Coach Scott Lindholm (email@example.com), Asst. Coach Tom Corcoran (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Track - open to grades 7 thru 12
- First day of practice is Tuesday, March 13 at Twin Cities Academy
- Practices will be 3 times per week (once or twice at TCA)
- Practice will be held once or twice a week at Mounds Park Academy - MPA (2051 Larpenteur Ave, St. Paul 55109)
- JV and Varsity levels - about 6 meets total for the season
- Schedule still in development!
- Head Coach Sovatha Oum, Asst. Coach Todd Hanlon-Alle (email@example.com), Asst. Coach Lisa McCarston (firstname.lastname@example.org)