Ultimate Frisbee (grades 9-12)
The Ultimate Frisbee team is led by Head Coach Jacob Henderson. He is joined by our team of coaches:
- Boys’ Varsity Assistant Coach Alex Stanislaw
- Girls’ Varsity Coach Dave Zdenek
- Girls’ Varsity Assistant Coach Kristin Henderson
- Boys’ JV Coach Russell Heitman
- Girls’ JV Coach Kate Indrelie
- Girls’ JV Assistant Coach Andrea Christensen
Pre-Tryouts Ultimate Camp: Dates TBD
Practice Schedule: The Ultimate Frisbee team practices Monday thru Thursday according to the following schedule:
- Mondays – all teams 4:30 – 6:15pm
- Tuesdays - Boys’ JV & Varsity 4:30 – 6pm
- Wednesdays – Captain’s Workout/Schedule
- Thursdays – Girls’ JV & Varsity 4:30 – 6pm
Practices will start on TBD and continue through the end of May. Practices and home games will be held at McMurray Fields in St. Paul. The MN Ultimate League schedules games on Tuesdays (Girls) and Thursdays (Boys) during the season.
League Games: Games begin in early April and will be played weekly through the end of May. They are scheduled by the MN Ultimate League so opponents and locations will be determined by them. The games will be scheduled according to the following:
- Tuesdays 6-7:30pm Girls’ JV & Varsity
- Thursdays 6-7:30pm or 4:30-6pm Boys’ JV & Varsity
Tournaments: The Charter Stars Ultimate Frisbee teams will participate in 4 weekend tournaments. With the exception of USAU Centrals, athletes will need to coordinate their own transportation to these tournaments.
- The St. Cloud GCC is a JV Team Tournament and will likely be held at the end of April/beginning of May.
- The Hopkins Hustle is for Varsity and JV teams and will be held May 10 & 11.
- The USAU Centrals is a Varsity Team Tournament. An extra fee for busing and housing will be charged for players who participate.
- The MN State Tournament will most likely involve Boys’ and Girls’ Varsity and JV teams.
Watch this space for updates throughout the season, including changes to the practice or game schedules.
Forms and Activity Fee: All forms and the Activity Fee are due by TBD. Athletes must pay the $130 Activity Fee, and the $45 New Jersey Fee if applicable, directly to their attendance schools in order to participate (checks payable to Great River). USA Ultimate also requires a $30 annual Youth Membership. Players create their own membership and pay that fee at https://play.usaultimate.org/members/login/.
The following forms are required for participation in Ultimate Frisbee. They should be turned in to the student’s attendance office and not to the Coach. Please include the USAU Ultimate Membership ID Number on all forms!
- 2014 GRS Ultimate Frisbee Registration Form
- 2014 Ultimate Frisbee Medical Authorization Form
- 2014 Ultimate Frisbee Membership and Waiver Form
- MSHSL Sports Physical Exam Form (dated between 4/1/2011 and current) OR
- MSHSL Sports Physical Update (if you have a completed Sports Physical but it is dated prior to 1/1/2014)