Imagine a school where students are excited about and inspired to learn. A school where students become experienced and effective communicators across disciplines in a variety of situations. A school where students ask tough questions and find the answers with guidance from their peers and teachers. Imagine a school where students learn about the interdependence of the social and natural world through study of ecology, humanity and history. A school where students learn the ways of society, both local and global, through occupations, micro-economics and entrepreneurial opportunities. Imagine a school where students develop ethical integrity based on experience, knowledge and reflection and express their humanity through creative means. Imagine a school where a student can graduate with an International Baccalaureate Diploma if they choose or take up to 6 IB exams for a certificate in a particular subject area, enter college or another post secondary institution and be successful!
Great River School is place to learn to take risks, experience the world and develop a personal identity including leadership skills with a vision and purpose of one’s role in society. It is a place to develop enthusiasm and energy for adventure learning and maintaining physical well-being. It is a place to make friends for life. We hope you will experience Great River School.
What do parents or guardians say about GRS?
“GRS provides a place where both my kids are individually acknowledged and accepted for who they are. They know they matter and are a part of the school and are not lost in the crowd in any way.”
“A few reasons why GRS is good for our kids:
- The focus on community and strong relationships among students and staff make it feel like an exceptionally safe, positive setting.
- GRS shares our values of healthy community, mutual respect, high expectations with the necessary individualized support required to attain them.
- Our kids’ have shown increased confidence and independence since attending GRS.
- Great river offers our kids hand-on learning opportunities and understands that real learning can’t be contained to a classroom. Rather than just learning from a book, our kids truly engage with the topics that they study and come to understand them deeply.
- Great River respects, understands and embraces the development of all students and constructs an educational experience that allows young people to develop intellectually, morally, physically and spiritually.”