Big Canoe Club at Great River School
Now in our 4th year, Big Canoe Club at Great River School offers before & after school care for GRS students in grades 1-6. The BCC program features supervised activities with regularly scheduled recess time and choices of activities including free play, movement, creative arts and crafts, and science play. This excellent 'not just day care' program offers:
- Dynamic, fully engaged and supported staff
- Daily access to arts, crafts, games, Legos, homework time, indoor/outdoor play, unstructured imaginative play, environmental stewardship and BCC parties
- A "no electronic devices" policy that allows children to un-plug and fully engage in recreational activities
- A small student-to-staff ratio
- Competitive rates
- Convenient access to pickup and dropoff parking
Before School 7:30 to 8:30 AM
After School 3:10 to 5:30 PM - Pick up anytime before 5:30
Big Canoe Club does not meet when school is not in session.
(Note: any family dropping a student off before 8:20 must sign up for the morning program)
All families are asked to pay a registration fee of $20.00, which helps cover supplies and snacks for the program.
The daily drop-in rate for Big Canoe Club is $30.00 per day. Families who participate at least three days a week for the entire school year receive lower semester rates shown in the chart below:
Parents can pay this fee up front for a ten percent discount, or can elect to spread out the cost in 9 regular monthly installments payable September-May which are outlined in the chart to the left. Please note that the monthly installments represent a fraction of the semester total, and do not reflect the number of days of care in that month.
Families using Big Canoe three or four days per week can add days for special circumstances by contacting the Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. To add days families must:
- provide at least 24-hour notice,
- pay Single Day Rate of $30.00,
- note that the Single Day Rate includes before and after school even if student uses just one or the other.
Late Pick Up Rate:
Students picked up after our 5:30 program end will be assessed a late charge of $1 per minute.
How to Pay?
To pay by check, please:
- Note “BCC” and the student's name on the memo line of the check and enclose in an envelope labeled: Attn: Business Manager
- Checks can be received at the front office in person or by mail
- Payment is due before the first of the month
Questions? Want to Register? Need to Contact Us?
Contact the Program Director at email@example.com
Direct contact phone: 651-305-2780 x13
Emergency contact phone ONLY: 612-562-9828