The 2018-19 election cycle is upon us! It is time once again for the election of the Great River School Board, the team that directs the strategy of Great River School. The Board is comprised of parents, faculty and members of the community who serve on a volunteer basis.
This is an opportunity for each of us as community members to participate in the direction of the school.
The Timeline for the 2018 Elections is:
- February 16: Board Application is due (Board Application)
- February 26: Candidate bios and ballots available on GRS website
- March 11 - 16: Election Week (Conferences March 15-16)
- March 16: Votes tallied confirming eligibility of voters
- March 28: Election results submitted to Board
- Summer 2018: Outgoing, current, and incoming board members meet together at Annual Meeting
For the 2018-2019 Board, two faculty and one parent seat are up for election. It is also possible to volunteer for the Resources Committee, or the Student Experience Committee.
If you are at all interested in running for a seat on the Board, or joining a Board committee, contact Julie Gleason at email@example.com.
Facility Forums & Learning Environment Presentations
Our board is hard at work developing the ideal learning environment for our students. Our board meeting minutes from the last 16 months hold detailed information about the strategy that has guided our process, and decisions made so far.
Since November 2016, we have held Community Forums to inform families on current work to develop our learning environment and facility. Link here to a folder that holds the presentations and community forum notes!
All Board Meetings and Board Committee Meetings are open to the public and are posted on the Great River School Calendar.
All Board Documents are available to the public here.
- Board Minutes: Minutes of Board Meetings are found in the following Month's Folder within the Consent Agenda Folder.
- Board Agendas: Agendas are located in the Month Folder in which the meeting is occurring.
Agendas are also attached to the meeting on the Great River School Calendar and posted in the lobby of Great River.
- Financials: Finances are reported monthly and are located in each Month's Folder. Great River finances are audited annually.
The Great River Board has the following committees: Executive, Board Operations (Policies), Resources (Finance, Development & Facility), and Student Experience.
- Committee Agendas:
Board Operations Committee Agenda
Resources Committee Agenda
Executive Committee Agenda
Student Experience Committee Agenda
List of current board members and their contact information.
Contact the Executive Committee
Contact Great River School Board's Executive Committee by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
The election cycle is upon us! It is time once again for the election for the Great River School Board - the fine folks that manage and direct the strategy of Great River School. The Board is comprised of parents, faculty and members of the community who serve on a volunteer basis.
This is an opportunity for each of us as community members to participate in the direction of the school. Board applications, timeline for the election process, and more will be posted on the Great River School announcements blog by Friday, February 10
Board elections will be held during spring conferences, March 16 - 17.
For the 2017-2018 Board, three faculty, one parent, and one community member seats are up for election. It is also possible to volunteer for the Board Operations Committee, the Resources Committee, or the Student Experience Committee.
If you are at all interested in running for a seat on the board or joining a board committee, contact the Board Operations committee (Julie Gleason, chair and parent member) at email@example.com.
February 21: Board Applications due
February 22: Board Operations members review candidate applications confirming eligibility
March 2: Candidate bios and ballots available on GRS website
March 12 - 17: Election Week (Conferences March 16 - 17)
March 17: Votes tallied confirming eligibility of voters
March 22: Election results submitted to Board
June 15: Outgoing, current, and incoming board members meet together at Annual Meeting
Volunteering at the school, serving on a committee, staying connected through school communications, and joining in events and the work of the Parent Engagement Group are all vital ways to support Great River School!
- Early Admission - See Enrollment Eligibility Section in Enrollment/Lottery
- Nepotism Policy
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Fund Balance Policy
- Grievance (Complaint) Policy
- Other Policies
If you have questions about policies, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plans and Handbooks
- World's Best Workforce Summary
- 2016-2017 Annual Report & World's Best Workforce Plan
- Strategic Plan
- Student & Family Handbook
- Personnel/Staff Handbook
- Literacy Plan
- Wellness Plan
- Special Education Parent Handbook
- English Learner (EL) Plan of Service