For the 2014/15 school year, the Activity Fee for most of our athletic offerings is $150. Registration forms and Activity Fees for our Charter Stars athletic programs must be completed and paid prior to practicing or trying out for a team. They can be turned in to the GRS office in person or through the mail. Once the season has started, a student athlete must wait 24 hours after completing registration before he or she can begin participation. After the first week of the season, tryouts will be completed and registration will be closed for all our athletic offerings.
Athletes must complete the MSHSL Eligibility Form annually. A Sports Qualifying Physical Examination Form must be completed every 3 years and will be kept on file. The Annual Sports Health Questionnaire is required if the Sports Physical is dated more than 3 months prior to the beginning of the season.
To complete registration, you must fill out and return the following forms and payments:
- 2014-15 Registration Form
- Emergency Contact Information
- 2014/2015 MSHSL Eligibility Form (complete and sign pages 1 and 7)
- 2014/2015 Sports Qualifying Physical Examination Clearance Form (required in Year 1, valid for 3 years)
- MSHSL Annual Sports Health Questionnaire (required in Years 2 and 3)
- Activity Fee - $150, payable to GRS, for Cross Country, Volleyball, and Soccer; $200, payable to SPA, for MS or HS Football
- Uniform Deposit - $45, payable to GRS. Your uncashed check will be returned to you once your student has turned in their jersey/uniform at the end of the season and in good condition. Uniforms must be turned in by October 31, 2014 to receive your refund.
Transportation Waiver for Away Games
All participants need to ride the the bus when it is provided for away games. This encourages team building and ensures the safety of our athletes. If an athlete would like to request that they not ride the bus for a certain athletic event, a Transportation Waiver must be completed prior to the event and submitted to the athlete’s attendance school. Transportation Waivers will be approved on a case-by-case basis. An athlete that does not have a completed and signed Transportation Waiver may not get to or from an athletic event on their own; to participate in that event, the athlete must ride the bus both ways.
Also, students must
1) Create and pay ($30) for a membership in the USA Ultimate League at http://www.usaultimate.org/membership/default.aspx
2) Fill out Membership and Waiver form at: http://www.usaultimate.org/assets/1/Page/2012MemberWaiverForm_Jan&Feb.pdf
3) GIVE USA ID NUMBER TO YOUR COACH!
For more information about the Minnesota State High School League, please go to their website.