Want to help?
Click our SignUp Genius button to see current volunteer opportunities!
The guiding principle for PEG (Parent Engagement Group) is to be Welcoming Ambassadors with a Whole School vision to Cultivate Strong Partnerships.
We focus on three main priorities:
- Recruit volunteers for school events
- Build connections between families
- Welcome new and transitioning families
PEG meets once a month (generally the 2nd Monday of the month) at 6:30 PM. All of our meeting times are on the GRS calendar and everyone is welcome to attend!
We are currently seeking volunteers for the following positions:
- Level Reps: level reps act as the PEG representative for each level and are coordinate with PEG Classroom Ambassadors and the level coordinators regarding any level-specific volunteer needs. Level reps organize a couple of easy, low-key social events over the course of the year (such as a playground meetup for families or a happy-hour get together for parents) to help families get to know one another and create community.
- Classroom Ambassadors: Ambassadors serve as point-people to help new families with any questions and provide a welcoming face. There is one Ambassador per elementary classroom, and one ambassador per adolescent advisory. The Ambassadors answer questions about the program, attend events, and help recruit volunteers for the level-specific needs.
- Leadership: we're in need of an incoming chair! Leaders are thoroughly trained in, so even someone who hasn't been involved in PEG before could take on a leadership role, and it's *not* an extensive time commitment.
- Members at large: we want to grow our general membership and welcome everyone, even if they're not ready to commit to a specific position. The more ideas and input, the better!
Current Positions of Parent Leadership
Current Chair: Kari Williams
Outgoing Chair: Erin Westenberg
Incoming Chair: Open Position
Lower El East Rep: John Stumme
Lower El West Rep: Courtney Tchida
Upper El East Rep: Heather Thomas
Upper El West Rep: Open Position
A1 Reps: Laurie Sovell + Heidi Grayden-Kangas + Open Positions
A2 Reps: Andrea Erickson + Open Position
A3 Reps: Jenny Thompson + Audrey Favorito
Administration Rep: Ellen Green
Board Liaison: Monica Hynds
Volunteer Coordinators: Brian Ropers-Huilman + Lisa Clark + Jessica Knight
Communications Committee: Erin Westenberg + Open Position
Members at Large: We are always looking for new members in any capacity!