Want to help?
Click our SignUp Genius button to see current volunteer opportunities!
The guiding principle for PEG (Parent Engagement Group) is to be Welcoming Ambassadors with a Whole School vision to Cultivate Strong Partnerships.
We focus on three main priorities:
- Recruit volunteers for school events
- Build connections between families
- Welcome new and transitioning families
PEG meets once a month (generally the 2nd Monday of the month) at 6:30 PM. All of our meeting times are on the GRS calendar and everyone is welcome to attend!
We are currently seeking volunteers for the following positions:
- Level Reps: level reps act as the PEG representative for each level and are coordinate with PEG Classroom Ambassadors and the level coordinators regarding any level-specific volunteer needs. Level reps organize a couple of easy, low-key social events over the course of the year (such as a playground meetup for families or a happy-hour get together for parents) to help families get to know one another and create community.
- Classroom Ambassadors: Ambassadors serve as point-people to help new families with any questions and provide a welcoming face. There is one Ambassador per elementary classroom, and one ambassador per adolescent advisory. The Ambassadors answer questions about the program, attend events, and help recruit volunteers for the level-specific needs.
- Communications Committee: These individuals (2) will partner with GRS staff and PEG's communications lead, Erin Westenberg, to ensure families are receiving timely, relevant, and engaging communications.
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee: This team (2 or more) will partner with GRS staff, PEG leaders, and students, to support efforts to ensure our school community is welcoming, inclusive, and responsive to the needs of our diverse school community.
- Members at large: These general membership roles are open to parents and guardians of GRS students, even if you're not ready to commit to a specific position. The more ideas and input, the stronger our Parent Engagement Group will become!
Current Positions of Parent Leadership
Co-Chairs: Kari Williams + David Martinez + Erin Westenberg
Communications: Erin Westenberg + Open Position
Volunteer Coordination: Brian Ropers-Huilman + Jessica Knight
Lower El Classroom Ambassadors: Rachael McGraw (St. Croix), Karen Solas (Rice), Rhys Ledger (Minnesota), Amy Shirilla (Sauk)
Upper El Classroom Ambassadors: Courtney Tchida, Heather Thomas (Little Elk), Jessica Knight (Platte), Open Position (?)
6th Grade Bridge Classroom Ambassadors: Erin Westenberg (East Bridge) + Open Position for West
A1 Ambassadors: Ting Ting Cheng, Rhona Wilson, Katherine Goffin, Etta Dreher, Heather Thomas
A2 Ambassadors: Rena Dehler, Audrey Favorito, Michelle Brasure, Heidi Grayden-Kangas
A3 Ambassadors: Laurie Sovell, Andrea Erickson + Open Position
Administrative Liaison: Rachel Damiani
Board Liaison: Monica Hynds
Diversity & Inclusion Committee: Seeking 2 new members
Members at Large: Interested GRS family members are welcome to serve in any capacity!