Click our SignUp Genius button
to see current volunteer opportunities!
PLEASE CONSIDER HOSTING A GREAT GATHERING TO RAISE MONEY FOR GRS!!!
What is a GREAT GATHERING??
A Great Gathering is an event, a class, or party hosted by you with the goal of bringing our GRS parents ,students, and friends together to have fun AND to raise money for GRS. Sometimes, people jointly host Great Gatherings with another friend or family. At the GRS Soirée on March 14th, people sign up to participate in Great Gatherings that interest them and pay a fee to be part of the gathering. The amount raised from each gathering becomes a donation to the school. At last year's Soiree, the money raised from Great Gatherings came to a total of more than $4000! Great Gatherings take place in homes, at a park, at school, at a brewery/winery, on a ski slope, or just about anywhere else you can imagine, (Click here for a list of 2017 Great Gatherings), you pick the date (between April 2018 and March of 2019), and the time. You also set the number of participants for the event and the price of your event, which goes directly back to GRS! Snacks and drinks /alcoholic beverages may be provided by the hosts and you may be asked to bring extra $ to cover supplies. These events are a great way to build our GRS community and raise money, so please consider hosting a Great Gathering this year!
To Sign Up to Host a Great Gathering click here by February 28th.
Questions about Great Gatherings or help with making an idea into a Great Gathering, contact Great Gatherings Chair, Michelle Walseth at email@example.com.
Join the Parent Engagement Group!
The guiding principle for PEG (Parent Engagement Group) is to be Welcoming Ambassadors with a Whole School vision to Cultivate Strong Partnerships.
We focus on three main priorities:
- Recruit volunteers for school events
- Build connections between families
- Welcome new and transitioning families
PEG meets once a month (generally the 2nd Monday of the month) at 6:30 PM. All of our meeting times are on the GRS calendar and everyone is welcome to attend!
We are currently seeking volunteers for the following positions:
- Elementary Classroom Ambassadors: Serve as points of contact to help parents/guardians obtain answers to questions that come up throughout the year. They are also focused on helping families get acquainted with their new surroundings. There is one primary ambassador per classroom who will act as the lead, but a "team" of parent ambassadors can certainly be established for each classroom if there is interest.
- Adolescent Level Ambassador: This role is very similar to the elementary classroom ambassador, but differs in that there are no classroom/advisory "assignments." Instead, a team of three to five level ambassadors will organize key social events over the course of the year for their assigned grade level (A1, A2, A3). These events are focused on helping families get to know one another and to foster a greater sense of community.
- Communications Committee: These individuals will partner with GRS staff and PEG's communications lead to ensure we produce timely, relevant, and engaging communications.
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee: This team will partner with GRS staff, PEG leaders, and students, to support efforts that ensure we are welcoming, inclusive, and responsive to the highly diverse needs of our school community.
- Members at large: These general membership roles are open to parents and guardians of GRS students, even if you're not ready to commit to a specific position. The more ideas and input, the stronger our Parent Engagement Group will become! We invite you to stop by one of our monthly meetings to say hello.
Current PEG Leadership Team
Chair & Co-Chair: David Martinez & Erin Westenberg
Communications: Erin Westenberg
Volunteer Coordination: Brian Ropers-Huilman, Jessica Knight
Lower Elementary Classroom Ambassadors: Rachael McGraw (St. Croix), Karen Solas (Rice), Amy Shirilla (Minnesota), Paul McNiff (Clearwater)
Upper Elementary Classroom Ambassadors: Heather Thomas (Little Elk), Jessica Knight (Platte), Amy Shirilla (Sauk), Kada Goalen (Crow Wing)
6th Grade Bridge Classroom Ambassadors: Erin Westenberg (East), Cynthia Putz-Yang (West)
A1 Ambassadors: Ting Ting Cheng, Rhona Wilson, Katherine Goffin, Etta Dreher, Heather Thomas, Kelly Martinson
A2 Ambassadors: Rena Dehler, Michelle Brasure, Heidi Grayden-Kangas
A3 Ambassadors: Laurie Sovell, Andrea Erickson
Administrative Liaison: Rachel Damiani
Board Liaison: TBD
Diversity & Inclusion Committee: David Martinez
Members at Large: Interested GRS family members are welcome to serve in any capacity!