Click our SignUp Genius button
to see current volunteer opportunities!
Join the Parent Engagement Group!
The guiding principle for PEG (Parent Engagement Group) is to be Welcoming Ambassadors with a Whole School vision to Cultivate Strong Partnerships.
We focus on three main priorities:
- Recruit volunteers for school events
- Build connections between families
- Welcome new and transitioning families
PEG meets once a month (generally the 2nd Monday of the month) at 6:30 PM. All of our meeting times are on the GRS calendar and everyone is welcome to attend!
We are currently seeking volunteers for the following positions:
- Elementary Classroom Ambassadors: Serve as points of contact to help parents/guardians obtain answers to questions that come up throughout the year. They are also focused on helping families get acquainted with their new surroundings. There is one primary ambassador per classroom who will act as the lead, but a "team" of parent ambassadors can certainly be established for each classroom if there is interest.
- Adolescent Level Ambassador: This role is very similar to the elementary classroom ambassador, but differs in that there are no classroom/advisory "assignments." Instead, a team of three to five level ambassadors will organize key social events over the course of the year for their assigned grade level (Lower Adolescent - grades 7-9, Upper Adolescent - grades 10-12). These events are focused on helping families get to know one another and to foster a greater sense of community.
- Communications: These individuals will partner with GRS staff and PEG's communications lead to ensure we produce timely, relevant, and engaging communications.
- Equity & Inclusion: This team will partner with GRS staff, PEG leaders, and students, to support efforts that ensure we are welcoming, inclusive, and responsive to the diverse needs of our school community.
- Members at large: These general membership roles are open to parents and guardians of GRS students, even if you're not ready to commit to a specific position. The more ideas and input, the stronger our Parent Engagement Group will become! We invite you to stop by one of our monthly meetings to say hello.
Current PEG Leadership Team
Chair & Co-Chair: TBD (New Incoming Chair) Erin Westenberg (co-chair)
Communications: Erin Westenberg
Volunteer Coordination: Brian Ropers-Huilman, Jessica Knight
Lower Elementary Classroom Ambassadors: Rachael McGraw (St. Croix), Karen Solas (Rice), Amy Shirilla (Minnesota), Paul McNiff (Clearwater)
Upper Elementary Classroom Ambassadors: Heather Thomas (Little Elk), Jessica Knight (Otter Tail), Amy Shirilla (Shingobee), Kada Goalen (Crow Wing)
6th Grade Bridge Classroom Ambassadors:
Lower Adolescent Ambassadors: Ting Ting Cheng, Rhona Wilson, Katherine Goffin, Etta Dreher, Heather Thomas, Kelly Martinson
Upper Adolescent Ambassadors: Laurie Sovell, Andrea Erickson, Rena Dehler, Michelle Brasure, Heidi Grayden-Kangas
Administrative Liaison: Charlie Zieke
Board Liaison: TBD
Diversity & Inclusion Committee: Fanny Jimbo-Llapa
Members at Large: Interested GRS family members are welcome to serve in any capacity!