Great River School's policy is to transport students to and from school in a safe and economical matter. There are two forms of transportation available to students residing 2 or more miles from the school: School Bus for elementary students and Metro Transit for adolescent students.
School Bus (Elementary)
We partner with Twin Cities German Immersion School in order to provide increased bussing service for our two small charter school populations. We offer two routes that that will provide stops on a north loop and on a south loop of Saint Paul.
THIS MAP shows the stops and times for each route (North/Central/South). You will see the stops listed on the left for each route in morning and afternoon. Find the stop that is most convenient for your family and fill out THIS FORM to commit to the stop your child(ren) will use this year. By selecting a stop on this form, you are committing to using the bus this year at that stop. Please do not fill out this form if you are not sure that you will be using it.
This form is used to confirm the students who will be at each stop with our bus providers and to tell the GRS faculty where each student should go after school.
Metro Transit (Adolescent)
For adolescent students living more than 2 miles from Great River School, the school funds Metro Transit cards to provide transportation to and from school. There are two card options for eligible students: Student Passes and 10-Ride Cards.
- Student Passes: A Student Pass is a durable, plastic pre-paid fare card that allows for unlimited rides on city buses and light rail to and from school instead of riding the traditional yellow school bus. The cards can be used after school hours for other student activities.
- Go-To lite Card (10-Rides): A Go-To lite Card works like a Go-To Card except it is disposable. Touch the card to a reader on a bus or at a light-rail station and it automatically deducts one ride. Transfers are embedded on the card. Go-To lite Cards with 10 rides are not valid on express buses during rush hours or Northstar for any portion of the fare.
General Eligibility Requirements for both Student Pass and 10-Ride:
- Grades 7 - 12 (or have an older sibling in those grades that they will ride Metro Transit with)
- Must live at least 2 miles from school
Additional Eligibility Requirements for Student Pass
- Must use at least twice a day four days a week (8 times a week)
- Must read and sign the Metro Transit Code of Conduct
To receive a Metro Transit Card from Great River School, a student must complete the Metro Transit Application. The school will process each application to verify eligibility before a student is issued a Metro Transit Card.
- Student Pass: Should a student lose their Student Pass, they should notify the front office immediately so that the card can be deactivated. The student may receive a replacement Student Pass if they pay a $10 replacement fee.
- 10-Ride Card: Fully used 10-Ride Cards may be returned to the front office to receive a replacement. Students will not receive a replacement of a 10-Ride Card without returning a used card. In the case of a lost 10-Ride Card, a student may purchase a new card for $13.50. Subsequent cards will continue to be at no cost as long as the student returns a used card.
Questions about transportation options? Contact Director of Administration Stacey Kreger at firstname.lastname@example.org.